Sunday, May 17, 2009

Amateur Movie Review: X-men Origins: Wolverine

Viewed 05/01/09. Premiered 05/01/09. As a casual fan of the X-men comic books, I wasn’t too enamored with the movies that came out – especially the third installment “X-men: The Last Stand.” No, the three movies weren’t bad, but they didn’t necessarily blow my socks off either. No, my main displeasure from the third movie revolved around one of my favorite bad guy mutants - the Juggernaut. His live movie debut was an utter disappointment. X-men Origins: Wolverine however is a spinoff of sorts, focusing on the most popular of the X-men: Wolverine. As usual, the writers of the movie caused a lot of inconsistencies in continuity – as far as comic continuity is concerned. This annoyed me a bit since I am a casual fan of the comics. A friend stated that the movie was based on the comic “Wolverine: Origins” if I remember correctly. In entertainment value, the movie delivered the goods in terms of action and to the uninitiated, told the story of Logan’s origins. Unfortunately, there were no “Holy shit! That was awesome!” scenes or moments. Gave it three stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment