Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Going, going....gone 2008!

By the end of the day, we say good-bye to 2008. To some, they say good-riddance to the year that was. Its usually at this time of year (actually at the last few hours of the year) that most TV channels show us a year-in-review; a look-back at the good, the bad and the ugly that was 2008. I remember (back in the country I grew up in) they would also show the many sights of people who lost anywhere from a finger to a whole hand!!! Yup, in many countries in Asia, blowing up fireworks in your own yard was not only legal, but a cultural must-do tradition. Something about scaring off bad and evil spirits through the use of fireworks. Believe me, most of the fire crackers here in the states are whimpy compared the ones we popped off over there. Of course, you do this at your own risk. If you loose a limb, tough-break!


And this is where I'm going to introduce what may be the core and purpose of this blog: my
ranking of things and events that are relevant to me. Unlike my other blog where I take a more serious tone, I try to bring the immature, wacky and fun side of me that is sorely missed by yours truly and many of my younger relatives. My first attempt of my "top 10" list what I feel are the most significant events of 2008.



Top 10 events in 2008 that are historical in nature in my humble opinion


10. Sudden, unintended death of actor Heath Ledger
(ok, this is one of the noteworthy news - imho - from the entertainment world)

9. Chrysler & GM bailout

8. Gas prices lowest in years

7. Snow fall in Nevada and parts of Southern California

6. Global economy going sour/going south

5. Dispondent man kills in-laws on Christmas eve
4. Renewed and possibly escalating conflict in the Gaza strip

3. Terrorist attacks on Mumbai

2. Expectancy of a worsening economy

1. Election 2008 and our very first African American President



Top 10 favorite movies I saw in 2008

10. The Incredible Hulk

9. The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

8. 10,000 B.C.

7. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

6. Quantum of Solace

5. Hellboy II: The Golden Army
4. The Forbidden Kingdom

3. Wall-E

2. Batman

1. Iron Man
Movie I was most disappointed in:
Star Wars - The Clone Wars (heck, the Cartoon Network episodes were better)
'Till my next list, Good-bye 2008!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment